Need a quick, healthy, and yummy breakfast/snack treat for the weekend?? These muffins will satisfy your craving for sure! This recipe took me a total of 15 minutes to make so you will not be in the kitchen all morning long. Tip: For breakfast you could pair this up with a hard boiled egg to add some protein for a well balanced breakfast. Hope you enjoy! :)
- 1/2 cup of skim milk
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 1/2 cup of applesauce
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of all purpose white flour
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place muffin liners in a 12 cup muffin tin. Lightly spray muffin liners with non-stick spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, oil, applesauce, honey, and egg until the ingredients are well incorporated.
3. Add flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla to your wet (milk and applesauce) mixture. Whisk the mixture well until there are no longer any clumps.
4. Fold in frozen blueberries. Scoop batter into miffin tins with an ice scream scoop; make sure you do not overfill them because they will rise (should be 3/4 full).
5. Stir together brown sugar and cinnamon for the topping and sprinkle over the muffins so that the top is covered. Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!!
Recipe adapted from: www.eatbetteramerica.com