Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Need a snack??

Have you ever hit 4 PM and thought "I'm so hungry, what am I going to have for a snack to hold me over until dinner?" I know I do every day and there's nothing better than satisfying a growling tummy! We all know it is no fun when you come home grumpy or overeat at dinner all because you missed your snack. Here are a few healthy snack ideas that I love and I hope you enjoy them to!

  • Homemade Trail Mix - In a large bowl mix together Cheerios (plain or honey nut), raw almonds, Annie's chocolate bunnies, Annie's cheddar bunnies or cheddar goldfish, and a bag of dried cranberries or raisins. Very kid friendly!

  • Apple slices dipped in almond butter - Slice a small gala apple and dip in a tablespoon of almond butter.

  • Luna bar - These bars have a great source of iron, calcium, vitamin D, and folic acid!

  • Baby carrots dipped in light ranch dressing or Laughing cow cheese spread. One triangle of Laughing cow cheese only has 35 calories and they come in all different flavors!

  • Z Bars - These bars are kids cliff bars but I love them because they have about half the calories of a regular cliff bar and they are delicious! They come in all kinds of flavors including: Smores, chocolate chip, peanut butter, blueberry, and chocolate brownie!  

No comments:

Post a Comment