- 1 bag of frozen cheese tortellinis
- 3.5 oz. bag of sundried tomatoes
- 1 lb of lean ground chicken
- 2 medium zucchinis (chopped into small pieces)
- 2 medium yellow squash (chopped into small pieces)
- 1 small package of sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 medium yellow onion (sliced thinly)
- Olive oil
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese + 1/4 cup for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- 1.5 tsp of garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add chopped zucchini and squash to one baking sheet and add mushrooms and onions to another baking sheet. Pour approx. 2 tablespoons of olive oil over each baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. With your hands, mix the vegetables, oil, and salt and pepper together so that each vegetable is well seasoned. Bake for 20-30 minutes (flip the veggies half way through so they browned on both sides).
2. Add ground chicken to a large saute pan and cook on medium-high until the meat is no longer pink. Turn off burner once it is finished cooking.
3. Fill a large pasta pot with water and bring water to boil. Once the water is boiling, pour the pasta in reduce to heat to medium. Tortellinis will take 5-10 minutes to cook (once they all rise to the top of the water they are done). Drain the pasta and then place in large bowl.
4. Add the roasted vegetables (zucchini, squash, mushrooms, and onions) and the cooked ground chicken to the large bowl of tortellinis. Next, add the sundried tomatoes and 3/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese. Stir all of the ingredients together. Season with garlic powder and if needed, add more salt and pepper to taste.
5. Spoon pasta into serving bowls and garnish with remained parmesan cheese. Enjoy!