The cauliflower pizza crust recipe is from Eat. Drink. Smile . I saw this recipe originally on Pinterest and then referred to her blog for more information. This is a great recipe for those of you watching your carbohydrate intake and it tastes great too!
Ingredients - Crust
- 1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- olive oil (optional)
- 2-3 Tablespoons of pizza sauce
- 1 cup of shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup of button mushrooms
- 1/2 small yellow onion, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of fat-free feta cheese
- 1 cup of low-fat mozzarella cheese
1. "Rice" the Cauliflower: Take 1 large head of fresh cauliflower, remove stems and leaves, and chop the florets into chunks. Add to food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not over-do pulse or you will puree it. (If you don't have a food processor, you can grate the whole head with a cheese grater). Place the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes. There is no need to add water, as the natural moisture in the cauliflower is enough to cook itself.
One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower. The remainder can be used to make additional pizza crusts immediately, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
2. To Make the Pizza Crust: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt, stir. Transfer to the cookie sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a 9" round. Optional: Brush olive oil over top of mixture to help with browning. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
3. Toppings: In a large skillet, add the olive oil, peppers, mushrooms, and onions and cook on medium-high heat until the vegetables are translucent (about 8 minutes). Add in the shredded chicken. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
4. Top the baked cauliflower crust with pizza sauce, veggie & chicken mixture, feta, and mozzarella cheese. Bake for another 5-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted on top. Enjoy!!