Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Blog/Baby Update

So what have we been up to these past 7 months........

As many of you already know we are expecting a baby boy at the beginning of May! We are super excited and can't wait to be a family of 3. The first 17-18 weeks of pregnancy were pretty rough, lots of nausea, vomiting, fatigue, etc. and that is the main reason why I stopped blogging. Since our lives are a tad bit different now I will be posting pregnancy/baby updates along with recipes, nutrition information, and other tid bits. So here we go with the first pregnancy update:

How far along?  28 weeks 1 day











Baby's size:  14.8 inches; 2 and a quarter pounds (according to babycenter.com)

Symptoms:  Tired, heartburn, shortness of breath, restless legs (this is terrible at night), increased appetite some days, and frequent bathroom breaks.

Sleep:  Sleep is definitely hit or miss. Some nights I sleep pretty well and other nights I don't. I usually wake up 4-5 times a night to either go to the bathroom, drink water, or get a snack.

Movement:  Most days our little guy is quite the squirmy worm but there are some days where he sleeps more. I recently started to notice the difference between him kicking/punching and him totally switching positions (usually my stomach jumps). For those of you that are preggo right now...I started feeling him kick around 20-21 weeks!

Labor signs:  I think (from what the doc says) I have had a few braxton hicks contractions in the middle of the night and in the morning when I wake up which they think is mainly due to dehydration (when you are dehydrated your uterus contracts). Once I go the bathroom and drink some water these go away pretty quickly. It sorta just feels like your stomach is tightening up.

Anything make you nauseated?  When I overeat! Terrible feeling!

Food cravings:  Bread, pizza, pasta (carbs in general), really cold and juicy fruit, cheese, chewy candy (skittles, laffy taffy, starburst, etc.). I pretty much force myself to eat my veggies!

Best moment this week:  We have an ultrasound tonight to see our little guy!

Looking forward to:  Holding the baby, baby showers, being a Mom, and watching Kel be a Dad.


**Next up: Stuffed Shells with Spinach, Mushrooms, and Turkey Sausage**

No comments:

Post a Comment