Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Super Easy Barbeque Chicken Sandwiches

We're back! I know I have not blogged in a while and this is mainly due to the fact that we just bought and renovated a house and moved almost 2 weeks ago! Now that we are settled in, I have a little bit more time on my hands to blog. Our main renovation project was our kitchen and I have not had an oven or a stove top since we moved which means I have had to be very creative in the kitchen. Some of the cooking appliaces that I have utilyzed in the past 2 weeks are the toaster oven, crock pot, and waffle iron. I made these chicken sandwiches last night and they were so easy and super yummy! Hope you enjoy!! :)


Ingredients:
  • 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts
  • 1 medium yellow onion, diced
  • 18 oz. bottle of your favorite barbeque sauce
  • Whole wheat hamburger buns
  • Shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
Directions:

1. Place the 4 large chicken breasts on the bottom of the crock pot.

2. Sprinkle diced onions on top of chicken breasts.

3. Pour barbeque sauce over the top of the chicken and onions. Note: I used about 3/4 of the bottle of barbeque sauce; you can use the entire bottle if you like it extra saucy!

4. Slow cook barbeque chicken on high for 4-5 hours. Once chicken is finished cooking, take it out of the crock pot and shred it with a fork (it should be very moist). Transfer shredded chicken back into the crock pot with the sauce.

5. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on one side of the bun. Place the buns in the toaster oven for about 3 minutes or until they are toasted and cheese is melted.

6. Spoon chicken and sauce onto hamburger bun. Note: You may need a fork and a napkin :) Enjoy!!

**Recipe adapted from www.food.com**


 

No comments:

Post a Comment