- 1 Tablespoon of canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 oz. can of green chilis
- 11 oz. can of corn, drained (I used Green Giant Chipotle White Corn)
- 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime Blend
- Ground black pepper
- 1 rotisserie chicken, white meat only, skin removed
- 1 package of corn tortillas
- 24 oz. jar of mild salsa verde
- 1/4 cup of light sour cream
- 8 oz. of reduced-fat Mexican style shredded cheese
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place shredded chicken in a large bowl and set aside.
3. Heat canola oil over medium-high heat and add the diced onion. Cook the onion until lightly brown and soft. Next, add the green chilis, corn, and tomatoes and stir until well incorporated. Season with garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, Mrs. Dash, and ground black pepper. Let simmer for about 7-8 minutes.
4. Add the vegetable mixture to the large bowl of shredded rotisserie chicken and stir to combine all of the ingredients. Set aside.
5. In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream and salsa verde. Set aside.
6. To assemble the casserole: Add about 1/2 cup of the salsa mixture to the bottom of a large glass casserole dish (spread so that it covers the entire dish). Next, spread about half of the chicken/veggie mixture on top of the salsa. Next, sprinkle about 1/3 cup of the shredded cheese on top. Lastly, layer the corn tortillas on top of the cheese (they should slightly be overlapping each other). Repeat in the same order except top the cassserole with the cheese insead of tortillas. (salsa, chicken/veggies/tortilla/cheese.)
7. Top with fresh cilantro. Bake for about 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy!!